Adult social care monthly statistics, England: September 2022
We wanted to provide you with the current statistics for social care in England for September 2022. This document includes infection control measures, COVID-19 testing rates and vaccination statistics for adult, young adult and domiciliary social care settings.
COVID-19 testing in care settings:
- there were 3,326 positive lateral flow test results among staff which is a substantial decrease compared with 10,842 positive tests recorded in the week ending 12 July 2022
- there were 425 positive lateral flow test results among residents, which is substantially lower than the 1,170 positive tests recorded in the week ending 12 July 2022
The total number of lateral flow and PCR tests conducted has decreased since mid-July 2022, following a period of increase in June and early July 2022.
Infection control measures in care settings:
On 31 March 2022, the Adult Social Care Infection Control Fund reached the end of its extension period. The end of the fund means that since 4 April 2022, among other implications, the government no longer provides funding for COVID-positive social care staff to stay away from work and staff movement restrictions have been lifted, allowing pressure on workforce to be alleviated. Restrictions on care home visiting have also been lifted.
COVID-19 vaccinations in staff working in domiciliary care, younger adult care settings:
The following proportions of social care staff have been reported to have received their COVID-19 vaccination doses:
In adult social care settings (under 65):
- 94.7% of staff have been reported to have received 2 doses.
- 50.7% of staff have been reported to have received their booster dose.
For domiciliary care staff:
- 84.8% of staff have been reported to have received 2 doses.
- 48.1% of staff have been reported to have received their booster dose.
Residents of younger adult care homes (above 65):
As of week ending 16 August 2022, in older adult care homes:
- 94.6% of residents have been reported to have received 2 doses
- 91.4% of residents have been reported to have received their first booster dose
- 73.3% of residents have been reported to have received their second booster dose
I hope you find this information and statistics helpful.