Meaningful Activities – Leading the way (Virtual Activity Ideas)
Linked below is a video from Skills for Care, delivered in partnership with NAPA, that looks at why meaningful activities are so important especially during a pandemic and how organisations and services can continue to motivate and engage their whole staff teams to be involved in activity provision.
The video shares how to source new activities, resources and alternative ways to connect with others. It also shares lots of useful top tips on meaningful engagement from other Social Care organisations from a variety of services.
Skills for Care, in partnership with NAPA, have also pulled together a number of different activity ideas that we wanted to share with you – to see this click below.
Virtual/Digital Activity Ideas:
- Facebook Group ‘Virtual Entertainment Group for Care Homes’
- Use technological platforms to support residents to connect with loved ones
- Ask relatives to send in photos of family and friends – from days gone by or recent snaps
- Read letters from family and friends
- Keep a diary to share with loved ones on Skype, Zoom and so on
- Share recorded greetings from family and friends
- Help with writing or typing letters and cards
- Find a pen pal and help with keeping in touch
- Make art and send it to each other by post
- Zoom yoga sessions
- Movement Mondays via Zoom
- Message boards and videos to send to family
- Flight simulator
- Teaching Makaton online
- Creating a VR Sensory Experience to visit places like the beach a woodland, holidays
- Or transport them to a bucket-list destination!
- Music on YouTube
- Remote control cars or devices in and out of the rooms
- Alexa/Dot – use for music, trivia, quiz
- Worship via TV, radio, livestream or recorded, Prayer CDs
- Robotic pets
- Music tech / headphones
We want to let you know that we are here to support you, and if you would like any more information on the above or to discuss how else we can support your service, please let us know. To get in touch, my email address is email@example.com.
As a specialist, family run recruitment business, we provide a proactive and consultative approach to recruitment. We help organisations to target issues such as continuity of staffing, reducing spend where you have a high volume of agency usage and supporting those who have specific talent requirements or are in hard to fill locations. We can help with any immediate staffing requirements or longer-term recruitment projects to ultimately save you time and money on agency spend.
Click here to see what our clients say about how we have supported them throughout the pandemic.